Periodic posts from the original 1911 First Edition of the Boy Scout Handbook Originally Published by the Boy Scouts of America, 200 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Pioneering Merit Badge
To obtain a merit badge for Pioneering a scout must:
1. Fell a nine-inch tree or pole in a prescribed direction neatly and
2. Tie six knots of knots quickly.
3. Lash spars properly together for scaffolding.
4. Build a modern bridge or derrick.
5. Make a camp kitchen.
6. Build a shack of one kind or another suitable for three occupants.