|Painting Merit Badge|
1. Have knowledge of how to combine pigments in order to produce paints in shades and tints of color.
2. Know how to add positive colors to a base of white lead or of white zinc.
3. Understand the mixing of oils; turpentine, etc., to the proper consistency.
4. Paint a porch floor or other surface evenly and without laps.
5. Know how and when to putty up nail holes and uneven surfaces.
6. Present for inspection a panel covered with three coats of paint, which panel must contain a border of molding, the body of the panel to be painted in one color and the molding in another.