|To obtain a merit badge for Firemanship, a scout must:
1. Know how to turn in an alarm for fire.
2. Know how to enter burning buildings.
3. Know how to prevent panics and the spread of fire.
4. Understand the use of hose; unrolling, joining up, connecting two hydrants, use of nozzle, etc.
5. Understand the use of escapes, ladders, and chutes, and know the location of exits in buildings which he frequents.
6. Know how to improvise ropes and nets.
7. Know what to do in case of panic, understand the fireman's lift and drag, and how to work in fumes.
8. Understand the use of fire extinguishers; how to rescue animals; how to save property; how to organize a bucket brigade, and how to aid the police in keeping back crowds.