|Civics Merit Badge|
To obtain a merit badge for Civics a scout must
1. State the principal citizenship requirements of an elector in his state.
2. Know the principal features of the naturalization laws of the United States.
3. Know how President, Vice-President, senators, and congressmen of the United States are elected and their terms of office.
4. Know the number of judges of the Supreme Court of the United States, how appointed, and their term of office.
5. Know the various administrative departments of government, as represented in the President's Cabinet.
6. Know how the governor, lieutenant-governor, senators, representatives, or assemblymen of his state are elected, and their terms of office.
7. Know whether the judges of the principal courts in his state are appointed or elected, and the length of their terms.
8. Know how the principal officers in his town or city are elected and for what terms.
9. Know the duties of the various city departments, such as fire, police, board of health, etc.
10. Draw a map of the town or city in which he lives, giving location of the principal public buildings and points of special interest.
11. Give satisfactory evidence that he is familiar with the provisions and history of the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States.