Saturday, February 2, 2013
Carpentry Merit Badge
1. Know the proper way to drive, set and clinch a nail.
2. Know the different kinds of chisels, planes and saws, and how to sharpen and use them.
3. Know the use of the rule, square, level, plumb-line and mitre.
4. Know how to use compasses for scribing both regular and irregular lines.
5. Make an article of furniture with three different standard joints or splices, with at least one surface of highly polished hard or decorative wood. All work to be done without assistance.