Monday, November 12, 2012
Requirements for Second Class Scout
1. At least one month's service as a tenderfoot.
2. Elementary first aid and bandaging; know the general directions for first aid for injuries; know treatment for fainting, shock, fractures, bruises, sprains, injuries in which the skin is broken, burns, and scalds; demonstrate how to carry injured, and the use of the triangular and roller bandages and tourniquet.
3. Elementary signaling: Know the semaphore, or American Morse, or Myer alphabet.
4. Track half a mile in twenty-five minutes; or, if in town, describe satisfactorily the contents of one store window out of four observed for one minute each.
5. Go a mile in twelve minutes at scout's pace--about fifty steps running and fifty walking, alternately.
6. Use properly knife or hatchet.
7. Prove ability to build a fire in the open, using not more than two matches.
8. Cook a quarter of a pound of meat and two potatoes in the open without the ordinary kitchen cooking utensils.
9. Earn and deposit at least one dollar in a public bank.
10. Know the sixteen principal points of the compass.