To obtain a merit badge for Art a scout must
1. Draw in outline two simple objects, one composed of straight lines, and one of curved lines, the two subjects to be grouped together a little below the eye.
2. Draw in outline two books a little below the eye, one book to be open; also a table or chair.
3. Make in outline an Egyptian ornament.
4. Make in outline a Greek or Renaissance ornament from a cast or copy.
5. Make an original arrangement or design using some detail of ornament.
6. Make a drawing from a group of two objects placed a little below the eye and show light and shade.
7. Draw a cylindrical object and a rectangular object, grouped together a little below the eye, and show light and shade.
8. Present a camp scene in color.