To obtain a merit badge for Agriculture a scout must:
1. State different tests with grains.
2. Grow at least an acre of corn which produces 25 per cent. better than the general average.
3. Be able to identify and describe common weeds of the community and tell how best to eliminate them.
4. Be able to identify the common insects and tell how best to handle them.
5. Have a practical knowledge of plowing, cultivating, drilling, hedging, and draining.
6. Have a working knowledge of farm machinery, haymaking, reaping, loading, and stacking.
7. Have a general acquaintance of the routine seasonal work on the farm, including the care of cattle, horses, sheep, and pigs.
8. Have a knowledge of Campbell's Soil Culture principle, and a knowledge of dry farming and of irrigation farming.